For over a decade, Nelson Hardiman has played a leadership role in advising both leading organizations nationally and start-ups on the essential regulatory issues underlying the telehealth transformation. We have worked with clinicians and business leaders to develop regulatory pathways for cutting-edge forms of telehealth, including teledermatology, tele-mental health, and teledentistry. We have advised on numerous first-of-a-kind telehealth models, analyzing the myriad healthcare regulatory laws and regulations implicated in these projects.
Nelson Hardiman combines immersion in the granular issues in telehealth modalities with a command of the strategic issues inherent in telehealth ventures. We go beyond traditional legal advice and engage with regulators, our client’s strategic partners, and investors – enabling our clients to achieve their business and financial goals.
Our Work Includes:
- Corporate Practice of Medicine Advised on corporate practice of medicine requirements in structuring business and financial relationships between licensed health professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors.
- Compliance Counseled leading teledermatology provider on telemedical compliance issues, including state-by-state analysis of standards for diagnosis and prescribing.
- HIPAA Consulted on HIPAA and state-by-state data privacy and security requirements.
- Licensing Developed licensing model for the Telepsych/Tele-mental health Clinical Program of one of the most prominent universities in the country.
- Medical Board of California Persuaded Medical Board of California to withdraw accusation against telehealth provider on eve of hearing over objections of Deputy Attorney General.
- Reimbursement Structured reimbursement model for Medicare and commercial insurance compliance in telehealth venture.
- Strategy Strategized on alternatives in developing leading edge telehealth models of care.