Medical Staff/Peer Review Counsel
Nelson Hardiman provides pro-active counsel, independent of in-house counsel, to consult on peer review matters, represent medical staff in hearings, conduct interviews and discovery before litigation, and provide legal representation of medical staff during litigation and on appeal.
We also consult with the Chief of Staff or designee on:
- Medical staff bylaws
- Medical board/NPDB reporting
- Peer review activities including interviews, meetings, selection
- Complaints of unprofessional conduct
- Disruptive physician incidents
- Fair Hearing and Judicial Review Committee hearings
- Election of officers
- License discipline
- Membership applications
Early involvement of dedicated medical staff counsel provides protection for future challenges to the peer review process.