Our outstanding team of healthcare attorneys leverage their comprehensive understanding of HIPAA, The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, to ensure compliance with security and privacy requirements for healthcare information. Healthcare providers of all stripes rely on Nelson Hardiman to implement compliance plans and to defend investigations and enforcement actions relating to HIPAA violations.
Related federal and state privacy and security requirements can quickly become complex, and we’ve handled them all. We advise on compliance with HIPAA Administrative Simplification Rules. We ensure compliance the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health ACT (HITECH). We counsel California providers to ensure they are HIPAA and Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) compliant. We respond to patient complaints, and defend lawsuits and administrative disciplinary actions. When it comes to HIPAA and related laws addressing patient privacy and the transmission of health information, Nelson Hardiman has the knowledge and experience to meet every challenge.
Our Work Includes:
- Data Security and Compliance Programs Advised multiple covered entities and business associates on HIPAA privacy and data security breaches; implemented HIPAA compliance programs for numerous entities.
- Healthcare Technology Advised some of the largest technology companies in the world on HIPAA and other health data security and privacy matters, and led HIPAA breach investigations and counseled on reporting requirements.
- Integrative Healthcare Provider Compliance Advised prominent anti-aging and integrative healthcare provider on HIPAA compliance and related patient privacy and health data issues.
- IVF Treatment Facility Compliance Prepared HIPAA compliant forms for an IVF treatment facility, covering pre- and post-partum care for the mother, complicated due to the surrogacy aspect of some of the mothers.
- Patient Data Registry Advised national physician specialty organization in developing a HIPAA-compliant patient data registry providing outcomes measurement and quality improvement.
- Privacy and Information Security Structured joint patient assistance program to address health information privacy and security requirements.