Attune to the essential role of physical therapists in today’s healthcare delivery system, Nelson Hardiman charts a steady course through the regulatory challenges and business concerns that beset this growth sector of the healthcare industry. Pioneers in the telehealth transformation, we advise physical therapists on the telehealth models and regulatory laws involved in offering telehealth services. Our healthcare-centric attorneys combine strategic counsel with extensive experience negotiating business agreements and contracts and defending against complex regulatory compliance claims. Nelson Hardiman provides our physical therapist clients with the legal foundation to accomplish their professional goals.
Our Work Includes:
- Business Negotiated the formation of professional corporations, prepare managed care network contracts, associate buy-in, purchase and sale, and space-sharing agreements.
- Licensure Defended against license investigations of negligence, DUI or substance abuse, criminal charges, record-keeping and fraud.
- Litigation Defended provider enrollment appeals, Medicare reimbursement disputes, overpayment appeals, False Claims Act / Qui tam whistle-blower litigation defense, Medi-Cal suspensions and Medicare exclusions, business and employment litigation.
- Physical Therapy Board of California Persuaded Board to close a patient’s complaint alleging fraudulent billing practices with no further action.
- Regulatory Compliance Advised on compliance with the Stark and Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA and state patient data privacy and security requirements, audit risk assessments, and documentation and medical necessity requirements.