Nelson Hardiman supports the mission-critical legal needs of mental health professionals in healthcare systems and private practice in California and throughout the U.S. Psychologists and other mental health professional trust us to resolve their business, regulatory, and strategic challenges. With an impressive roster of seasoned healthcare attorneys and a national reputation for business acumen we help health professionals succeed in today’s evolving healthcare environment.
Our Work Includes:
- Business Transactions Advise on the formation of professional corporations, management service organizations, purchase, sale, space-sharing and buy-in agreements.
- California Board of Psychology Handle California Board of Psychology investigations and defense including claims of negligence, DUI and substance abuse, criminal charges, record-keeping and fraud.
- Compliance Consult on Stark and Anti-Kickback statute, Medicare and Medi-Cal issues, HIPAA and state patient date privacy and security, audit risk assessment, documentation and medical necessity.
- Licensing Compliance Protect the licenses of mental health professionals in investigations and administrative hearings before licensing boards.
- Litigation Defend False Claims Act/qui tam whistle-blower litigation, provider enrollment appeals, Medicare suspension and exclusions, business and employment litigation.
- Reimbursement Litigate Medicare and private payor reimbursement disputes.