Our leadership position in the healthcare industry makes us adept at understanding the unique business needs of Management Services Organizations (MSOs). Because we know every aspect of healthcare law, we frequently sit at the same table with MSOs and providers. We are masters at the complex issues that arise around practice management related non-medical business functions. We hammer out MSO legal agreements around the corporate practice of medicine doctrine and help MSOs navigate the fraud and abuse arena, including anti-kickback, self-referral and fee-splitting regulations. MSOs rely on us for our highly-attuned sensitivity to the complex interplay between developing integrated practice care standards and realizing savings with third party payors, based on our shared vision of transforming the delivery of healthcare services.
Our Work Includes:
- Acute Care Hospital Acquisition Counseled and documented management company in acquisition of acute care hospitals both in and out of bankruptcy court, involving workouts and operational turnarounds.
- Billing Dispute Prevented litigation between physicians and billing company over the denial of claims by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- Digital Healthcare Referral Services Advised a chiropractic entity on the engagement of a website referral service, analyzing business models and counseling on potential fee-splitting, Stark, Anti-Kickback, and other regulatory compliance issues.
- Healthcare Factoring Worked with MSOs to structure a factoring transaction for six healthcare providers and three investment firms involving $20 million in workers’ compensation accounts receivable in response to changes brought forth by California Senate Bill 1160.
- Knox-Keene Act Advised MSO on relationships with Knox-Keene entities.
- Healthcare Management Companies Set-up over fifty management companies to assist with management and financing for health care facilities including hospitals, medical practices, MediSpas, 1206 Foundations, and related entities.
- Medical Billing Defense Obtained a favorable settlement for a medical billing provider in a billing dispute involving a million dollars in Medicare and private insurance claims.