Manufacturers, operating in one of the most exacting sectors of the emerging cannabis industry, rely on Nelson Hardiman to guide every phase of their business ventures. We are a trusted and respected authority on the complexities of marijuana laws with more than a decade of experience advising leading business entities. Our combined experience gives us a nuanced understanding of the needs of marijuana manufacturers from the ground up.
We advise manufacturers of cannabis products and equipment for retail and wholesale use to ensure their products comply with all aspects of California law, in preparation for the issuance of cannabis manufacturing licenses in 2018.
Our Work Includes:
- Business Issues Worked on many sophisticated corporate transactions, advising clients on M&A deals, partnerships, disputes and litigation involving regulatory violations.
- Finance Advised on raising capital to fund start-up, growth and operations.
- General Counsel Served as general counsel for manufacturing companies.
- Intellectual Property Negotiated out-of-state licensing deals for manufacturing company IP/brand.
- Operations Advised on various operational matters and drafted marketing, employment/contractor, distribution and licensing requirements.