Known for our work in the behavioral health industry, Nelson Hardiman represents a broad range of residential facilities throughout Los Angeles and the State of California. The state’s leading providers of group home services trust us to understand the industry and their business objectives.
Our clients include adult residential facilities, programs for children, including residential schools, substance abuse treatment and sober living facilities, congregate living health facilities, and group homes. We are proactive and committed to representing group home providers in transactions and regulatory matters with a strong focus on policies and procedures related to licensure, certification, and compliance with privacy and security laws and regulations. We have the industry awareness and deep experience to guide group home providers through a demanding, highly-regulated and challenging legal environment.
Related PracticesGovernment InvestigationsLitigationRegulatory ComplianceTransactions
Our Work Includes:
- Employment Drafted employment contracts, employee handbooks and independent contractor agreements for adolescent group homes.
- Licensure and Certification. Advised on licensure, certification and/or related matters with respect to group homes and social rehabilitation facilities.
- Litigation Prevailed in a trial on behalf of a licensed provider of assisted living services to the developmentally disabled against a former employee for wrongfully poaching clients.
- Real Estate and Land Use Counsel on commercial real estate transactions, zoning regulations, CUP applications, and related property use and development issues, including use of residential properties for healthcare services such as rehabilitation facilities.
- Regulatory Compliance Counsel on all regulatory aspects of healthcare, including for assisted living, rehabilitation facilities, sober living, and related entities.
- Rehab Center Opioid Overdose Regulations Guided drug and alcohol rehabilitation center through multi-state legal requirements for storing and administering a drug used to resuscitate individuals experiencing an opioid overdose.