Recognized leaders in healthcare law, Nelson Hardiman advises dentists and other oral healthcare providers on legal and regulatory issues in the dental industry. From practice management, ethical and regulatory considerations, to insurance marketplace challenges and enhanced prescribing regulations in today’s climate of regulatory abuse, dentists are held to increasingly stringent standards of care.
Nelson Hardiman’s experienced team of healthcare attorneys advise dentists on the interrelated business, regulatory, licensing and litigation concerns of dental professionals at every phase of practice. We understand the professional, ethical and regulatory challenges faced by dentists and have the legal know-how and nuanced understanding of the healthcare industry you need to succeed.
Our Work Includes:
- Business Services Assisted in the formation of professional corporations, formation of management services organizations, and the preparation of shareholder agreements, space-sharing agreements, and dental lease agreements.
- Compliance Advised dentists on compliance with the Stark and Anti-kickback Statute, Denti-Cal, and the California County Dental Program.
- Dental Board of California Obtained early release from probation for an oral surgeon sanctioned in the case of a patient death during the extraction of a tooth.
- Denti-Cal Program Successfully represented a dentist suspended from participating in the Denti-Cal program by the Department of Health Care Services. Department agreed to rescind its suspension.
- HIPPA Counsel dentists on HIPAA and state patient data privacy and security requirements.